SEXUAL PROBLEMS CLINIC
This service is available to all patients who have a Sefton GP.
WHO ARE WE?
A small team including a medical lead who is a Member of the Institute of Psychosexual Medicine with extensive General Practice experience, and two non-medical therapists who are trained and accredited by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOUR PATIENTS?
We offer assessment and brief psychosexual interventions-typically 4-6 sessions-for men and women seen individually or as couples for a full range of sexual problems.
For men this includes:
1. Erection problems-usually of a psychological or mixed aetiology where counselling is the preferred option.
2. Ejaculatory disorders-premature or retarded ejaculation( the inability to orgasm, not retrograde ejaculation).
3. Altered sexual desire eg loss of libido with a normal pre 10am testosterone.
4. Others including sex aversion, sex addiction and sexual pain when organic disorders excluded.
For women this includes:
1. Vaginismus-partial or complete, primary or secondary.If primary and examination has never been achieved the medical lead will see.
2. Dyspareunia-superficial and deep provided possible physical causes have been excluded as far as possible.
3. Arousal disorders including difficulty in or inability to achieve orgasm
4. Altered sexual desire eg loss of libido
5. Others including sex aversion and sex addiction.
Referral form for GP use only is found in the Professionals section.