Networks and support services available to LGBTQIA people in Sefton
Embrace is a Sefton CVS network which is for all Lesbian, Gay or Bisexual (LGB) people who live, work or socialise in Sefton, Merseyside. The network is run by and for members of the local LGB communities and is open to everyone to join.
Telephone: 0151 928 2233 ext.10
2. LCH Trans Support (GP referral only)
3. In Trust
- Providing support and guidance for men and women with an intersex or transgendered history in Merseyside.
- Positively promoting best practice around employing people from this community.
- Working with both voluntary and public sector organisations to identify the barriers to employment and service delivery faced by this community
- Combating transphobia, promoting greater acceptance and rights for all trans people.
- Providing a safe place to explore and express personal gender identity, providing advice and support with transitioning.
4. Trans Health Merseyside
In-Trust Merseyside are working in partnership with Sahir House by promoting trans peer mentoring by and for those who identify as transsexual, transgender and gender non-conforming people across Merseyside.
For further information please follow this link.
c/o Sahir House
2nd Floor, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH
5. New Beginnings LGBTQI youth group in Sefton
New Beginnings is a youth group for young people who are LGBT aged 11 – 25 years. The aim of the project is to provide a safe place for young people to meet, learn, to be and find who they are in a safe non – judgemental environment.
The project is described as a ‘closed’ project. To access the project a young person would have to come through the following referrals pathways:
Contact: 07479 267767
Referrals can be made to the New Beginnings group. Referrals to be made through the Sefton Council EIP Gateway.
How to refer to the gateway
- Complete an assessment and email EIP.Gateway@sefton.gov.uk
- Raise a query regarding a child/young person/family you are concerned about EIP.Gateway@sefton.gov.uk
- Or Self Referral (see mobile and email contact details)
6. Armistead (Liverpool based service)
The Armistead is a free and confidential sexual health promotion service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) people and for male and female sex workers.
For further information or about groups held at Armistead please call Armistead’s Helpline on 0151 247 6560.