The following leaflets are produced by Family Planning Association (unless stated) and provide more detailed information on each STI.
Genital Herpes (PDF)
Genital Warts (PDF)
Non-specific urethritis (PDF)
Pubic Lice and Scabies (PDF)
Trichomonas Vaginalis (PDF)
Thrush and Bacterial Vaginosis (PDF)
Oral Sex: Looking After Your Sexual Health (PDF)
Other recommended sources for further information:
• British Pregnancy Advisory Services – Information on pregnancy testing, contraception, miscarriage, fetal anomaly care, fertility, STIs, vasectomy and erectile dysfunction.
• British Association of Sexual Health and HIV leaflets
• British association of dermatologists PIL page for information regarding genital skin conditions
• British Association of Urological Surgeons – for information about circumcision and erectile dysfunction
• Information about testicular self examination
Sefton Sexual Health Service has written the following information leaflets for patients to read:
- Looking after genital skin
- Safer Sex
- Male Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises
- Female Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises
- Post Exposure Prophylaxis
There is referral form available for health professionals to refer a patient into our GU service in the Professionals Only Referral Forms and Downloads section in the footer of this website’s home page.