Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
All our services are free and confidential.
We provide a comprehensive Sexual Health Service including screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), HIV testing, treatment and follow up, sexual health information, and support.
You can walk in or book an appointment on Tel. 01695 656550.
You don’t need to be referred by anyone and you don’t need to be registered with a GP to attend.
The service is open to anyone who has concerns about sexually transmitted infections – whether you have symptoms or would just like a check up.
Range of Service
- Information and advice on sexual health
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Free and confidential diagnosis and management for people with symptoms of STIs
- Tests for STIs and HIV for people without symptoms
- Further management (including contact tracing)
- Safer sex advice and counselling
- HIV testing and counselling. (Accurate test results is possible 4 weeks after exposure)
- Post exposure prophylaxis for HIV following known or possible exposure.
- Dedicated young person clinics (25 years and under)
- Advice about any reproductive and sexual health worries you may have
- Emergency contraception
- Hepatitis B screening and immunisation for those at risk of contracting the infection
- Free condoms and lubricant
What tests can I have?
We offer routine tests for:
It is recommended to take the test two weeks after exposure (unprotected sex) for an accurate result. However, if you have symptoms, please attend as soon as possible.
- HIV: We will routinely offer the test (accurate results are only possible 4 weeks after exposure).
- Syphilis: (accurate results are only possible after 3 months following exposure).
- We also offer tests for:
- Non-specific urethritis (This test is for men only)
- Candida (thrush)
- Bacterial vaginosis
(The last three are vaginal infections. These infections are commonly found in women but men can be affected too)
- Hepatitis B and C: These are infections of the liver caused by viruses. We may offer this test if we feel you may be at risk. (Hep B results are only accurate if the test is made 3 months after exposure).
We also offer for women:
- A pelvic examination
- Genital skin check
For men we offer:
A testicular examination
A genital skin check
The following leaflets are produced by Family Planning Association (unless stated) and provide more detailed information on each STI.
There is referral form available for health professionals to refer a patient into our GU service in the Professionals Only Referral Forms and Downloads section in the footer of this website’s home page.